HAVE YOU BEEN VISITNG MY BLOG? LEAVE A COMMENT OR E-MAIL ME AT TJN258@gmail.com!!! :)

I have been selected for a chance of a lifetime this summer and to document my time in China I have started this blog. I am going to be living in Beijing, China for two months. During these two months I will be taking a class a month before the Olympics then I will be assisting with reporting during the 2008 games.

Saturday, August 9, 2008

URGENT UPDATE

TOday I am working at the Finish point for the road cycling course and I have just found out that an American was murdered today at the Drum Tower in Beijing. It happened about an hour or so ago. I first learned from one of the journalists whom I am working with. 2 Americans were attacked, 1 died and then the killer committed suicide.

He was a chinese man around the age of 47. I am writing this quick post so that everyone knows I am safe and nowhere near that area! I am also in a very very secure place with guards everywhere.

I will post again about my full day later!
Please send prayers to the family of the murdered American.

No comments: