HAVE YOU BEEN VISITNG MY BLOG? LEAVE A COMMENT OR E-MAIL ME AT TJN258@gmail.com!!! :)

I have been selected for a chance of a lifetime this summer and to document my time in China I have started this blog. I am going to be living in Beijing, China for two months. During these two months I will be taking a class a month before the Olympics then I will be assisting with reporting during the 2008 games.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

August 2nd in China, An exam and training at the finish point!

We all loaded on the buses to head to training at the finish point. Blair and I had to prepare ourselves the night before for an exam that we were going to take. So when we got to the venue that was the first thing we did. Let's just say we didn't prepare enough! haha! The exam was all over trivia of Olympic History, and it was rather hard. It was kind of funny though because Blair and I were sitting next to each other when we turned over the exam and we both started laughing at the first question. We looked up from the paper, looked at each other and knew that we were going to be in trouble! But oh well, we weren't really worried because we knew they wouldn't fire us or anything. I mean we speak english and we are needed! HAHA! After that we grabbed lunch, it was airline food, and not just that but chinese airline food. So yeah the food we get during training is not very good. After the lunch we were able to take another tour around the venue which was the exact same tour I had taken a week ago, but oh well. We walked around, looked around the road course and all the buildings and were told after training we could climb the wall. Most of us decided against it because this particular section of the wall is the steepest part and we were just wanting to get home. Before we could leave, however, we sat through a lecture from an Australian photographer who is in charge of photo services. I had to pretend to be a photographer for one of his demonstrations! HAHA Yes it was exciting. Not really. After that training was pretty much over and we were able to get on the bus and head back to Renmin. I was still kind of down on myself a bit and a little tired so I didn't do much that night except eat some papa john's pizza with Allie and Whitney.

No comments: