HAVE YOU BEEN VISITNG MY BLOG? LEAVE A COMMENT OR E-MAIL ME AT TJN258@gmail.com!!! :)

I have been selected for a chance of a lifetime this summer and to document my time in China I have started this blog. I am going to be living in Beijing, China for two months. During these two months I will be taking a class a month before the Olympics then I will be assisting with reporting during the 2008 games.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

August 1st in China, sick day, sorting things out and some visitors!

Today was suppose to be my first day of training at the cycling venue with it all complete and up and running. But in the morning I was so sick still, because I hadn't slept really, that I missed the first day. My managers were ok with it so it was fine. I got up and gathered my composure in order to start trying to work something out to get my money back from the scam artist. I spent most of the morning on the phone with no luck. This woman, or person, whoever they were, they were professionals at this. It was somebody's job to try and get money out of people and they were very thorough with making sure they were untraceable and that I couldn't get the money back. After all my hope was lost again, I couldn't do anything but cry and be upset. I was so upset and felt so dumb for being caught in a scam like this. I made sure to send an e-mail out to the group to warn them against the false adds and the false seller. That is how I found out that she had already got money out of 4 others in our MU group. I went to lunch at the little restaurant next to the hotel again and I had a little bit of a peace come from God. I was sitting in the restaurant and all of a sudden I heard the "Heart of Worship" song. I sat and realized every song playing was a christian song, then I realize that on the wall there was a poster with a bible verse on it. I found a place that was a christian restaurant. So that helped me to relax. After lunch I went back to the room and talked to my mother to let her know what calls I had made and the news I had. My parents weren't mad at me so that was good.

My roomie Blair got back from the first day of training and filled me in on what I had missed, she also informed me that two of the volunteers were going to come by and visit us later. Sophie and April visited our room and were so excited to meet me. They even brought us 4 peaches, half a watermelon and some noodles! how nice of them! They stayed and talked for about an hour. While they were here I also got a visit from a few people in our group. Ted, Beth, Laura, and Elle all brought me some oreos, some chocolate and a jar of orange juice and a jar of apple juice plus some other snacks. It was really nice of them to do that for me and I heard also that a few others had pitched in to buy this food for me. It was nice to know that people cared and were thinking of me. Ted stayed and talked for a while with me, while Blair entertained our two chinese guests. He and the others all were thinking about me and praying for my situation and for my family's loss. This act alone really helped me to recover from the sadness of the previous day.
After everyone left Blair and I were pretty pooped, we watched a little bit of the office and decided to hit the hay.

No comments: