HAVE YOU BEEN VISITNG MY BLOG? LEAVE A COMMENT OR E-MAIL ME AT TJN258@gmail.com!!! :)

I have been selected for a chance of a lifetime this summer and to document my time in China I have started this blog. I am going to be living in Beijing, China for two months. During these two months I will be taking a class a month before the Olympics then I will be assisting with reporting during the 2008 games.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

August 3rd in China, dinner with April and Sophie!

I got up early again today and got out to the parking lot next to our hotel. Today we were all heading out to the Finish point again to train. We tried to get a little organizing done, and a little decorating. This day was pretty slow, I tried my best to keep occupied but they don't have organizational skills at our venue and are not very good at delegating tasks and then also getting them executed. The most I got done today was helping to cover up brand names on outlets with stickers, I am not kidding you. We can't have any brands showing that aren't a sponsor so this is what I did. Then I was asked by the venue manager to make 10 posters to hang up around the venue for the next day. For one, I didn't have any stuff to make posters with and for two I knew I couldn't get 10 done by the next day but I told them I would try. After we finally were allowed to leave the finish point we took the shuttle back to the Renmin Hotel. I then headed to a market with Sophie and April, the two chinese volunteers who had visited me a couple nights ago. They took me to the market to buy markers and pens and paper for the posters. It was nice to walk around and talk with them. After the market Sophie asked if I wanted to join them for dinner. So the two girls and I headed to the Paradiso Cafe. This cafe is the one across the street from my hotel and under the business school. Sophie ended up buying my dinner for me which was extremely nice, and extremely delicious. :) I had a philly cheesesteak sandwich. It was awesome.

The girls and I mostly talked about food, differences in America and China and small talk about work. The girls were very interested in something I told them about... mozzarella sticks! hahaha They had never heard of em, and actually because China doesn't have much cheese they found it really funny that when I was asked about my favorite foods that they all included cheese! LOL

After dinner we headed back to the hotel, where I went to my room and they headed back to their dorms. That night I just relaxed, watched a movie, drew a couple posters of pandas and then got to bed early. The next day was going to be a complete mock rehearsal of the road cycling race! So we could make sure we were fully prepared for the real deal on the 9th!

No comments: