HAVE YOU BEEN VISITNG MY BLOG? LEAVE A COMMENT OR E-MAIL ME AT TJN258@gmail.com!!! :)

I have been selected for a chance of a lifetime this summer and to document my time in China I have started this blog. I am going to be living in Beijing, China for two months. During these two months I will be taking a class a month before the Olympics then I will be assisting with reporting during the 2008 games.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

July 27th in China, A walk around the East side!

Today I felt adventurous and felt like exploring a bit of campus that I hadn't seen quite yet. I took off around 11 to head to my favorite dining hall at the Foreign Students building. I had some Kung Pao chicken and it was awesome as usual. This dining hall has the best Kung Pao chicken I have ever had, it is a pity that it will be closing soon during the games. :( After lunch I headed out the East gate and just went in and out of a lot of different shops. I looked at clothes, electronics, shoes, office stuff haha, and several other clothing stores. My favorite stores I found outside this gate were the Olympic store and a bakery. This bakery has the coolest looking cakes. They are so awesome, that I think one day I will go back and take a picture of them! haha After the bakery I walked on down the way to one of the Official Olympic stores. I actually spent quite a bit of time in here and bought some souvenirs for myself as well as quite a few for my friends and family. I bought myself a set of stuffed Fuwa, which are the Olympic mascots. I have kind of been wanting a set of them so I just went ahead and bought them. On my stroll back around 5ish, I got a call from Whitney asking to go eat and I didn't have enough time to get back so I had to decline. Before I got to campus I stopped into one of the electronics stores and bought myself a cheap webcam. I came back to the hotel and tried for about an hour to get the stupid camera to work with my mac, but sadly it didn't, which means I have to return that camera now. Oh well, at least before I bought it I asked to make sure I could take it back. After that I was sort of hungry but not enough to go to a restaurant so I ate a PB and J sandwich and just kind of snacked the rest of the night. I worked on my blog a bit that night to try and get caught up and then I headed to bed a little early that I would have, probably around 11, but I was kind of pooped from walking around and shopping and just exploring all day.

No comments: