HAVE YOU BEEN VISITNG MY BLOG? LEAVE A COMMENT OR E-MAIL ME AT TJN258@gmail.com!!! :)

I have been selected for a chance of a lifetime this summer and to document my time in China I have started this blog. I am going to be living in Beijing, China for two months. During these two months I will be taking a class a month before the Olympics then I will be assisting with reporting during the 2008 games.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

July 28th in China, Hair cut and a video!

First thing was first today, I needed to take my laundry to be done. So I got around and gathered all my clothes and headed off to the laundromat. I left there around 11 and decided to go ahead and take a walk to KFC for lunch. I frequently go to KFC, it is cheap, good and really close. Plus I like the walk there. I got my usual too, haha, I get the same meal because it is easy to communicate, I just point to the picture. LOL After getting my food I walked back to the hotel and started a couple projects because I was bored. First I decided to cut my bangs and trim my hair because it was desperately needed! I do this back home though so I wasn't too worried and I also was able to buy a pair of scissors at the market near the laundromat so I was set. Then after my self-haircut, I made a slideshow sort of video for Micah. It wasn't much but it kept me busy for about 2 hours, because I had to go through my pictures and edit it all together. It was fun, I actually enjoy editing video, and audio and all that jazz. I guess I am in the right major for that huh?? Broadcast allows me to do ALL the editing I want. HAHA The only thing that was kind of bad was that while looking through pictures I found one of my friend Kendall. It made me sad because just a couple weeks before I left the US, he was killed in a car accident. :( I miss that kid. So after I found his picture I was glad I had the video to distract me. I finished the video and e-mailed it to Micah and then got a phone call from Allie asking if I wanted to go eat, she was on her way back from work and said she would call when she was ready to leave. After about an hour I called back and Allie had forgot to call me, she felt so bad, but it was no big deal. I walked over to the little restaurant that is located under the business school right across from our hotel and because I had never ate supper there I stuck with something simple. I got a BBQ chicken sandwich and it was actually really good, I will definitely have to go back to that place! After getting back to the hotel I was able to write my mom a big ol' e-mail as well as answer a few that I was behind on, one to my grandma and my little cousin Jessica. I just relaxed and loaded pictures onto facebook and watched a movie after that.

No comments: