HAVE YOU BEEN VISITNG MY BLOG? LEAVE A COMMENT OR E-MAIL ME AT TJN258@gmail.com!!! :)

I have been selected for a chance of a lifetime this summer and to document my time in China I have started this blog. I am going to be living in Beijing, China for two months. During these two months I will be taking a class a month before the Olympics then I will be assisting with reporting during the 2008 games.

Monday, August 11, 2008

July 29th in China, Yashow Market with Allie!

Today Allie and I decided to head out to the Yashow Market. We left in the afternoon after Allie got off work. I ate at the Steak Pizza Cafe while I waited for her to get ready and then we headed out. We took the subway down to Yashow which I had to direct us to. It was my first adventure where I was the one leading. Allie had never been to Yashow and I was able to guide us there just by memory!! After we got to the Yashow Market and the area around it we went into the HUGE Adidas store and shopped around a bit, it was 4 floors high so there was a bunch of neat stuff to see. We also shopped around an Olympic store there. When we got into the Yashow Market we looked through clothes, purses, and jewelry...not really buying anything but just having fun and looking around. While we were there we also were able to buy some dvds for cheap. That is one good thing about China, everything is CHEAP! I think dvds are around 1.40 USD each. We ran into a couple guys from Canada and Allie talked to them a bit because she is also from Canada. Then Allie and I looked at the webcams because I have been wanting to buy one for awhile now. After that we headed to the 5th floor of the huge Yashow Market and ate at the canteen on that floor. I had some shrimp dumplings. It was a fun day just shopping around. looking around and being with a friend. After leaving to go home, we took the subway to the hotel and then I watched a few movies and just stuck around the room until I went to bed.

No comments: