HAVE YOU BEEN VISITNG MY BLOG? LEAVE A COMMENT OR E-MAIL ME AT TJN258@gmail.com!!! :)

I have been selected for a chance of a lifetime this summer and to document my time in China I have started this blog. I am going to be living in Beijing, China for two months. During these two months I will be taking a class a month before the Olympics then I will be assisting with reporting during the 2008 games.

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

July 31st in China, sick, sad and scammed!

Today was by far the worst day of my entire trip. I was still sick from the day before, I was able to eat some eggs at breakfast but that turned out to be a bad idea. I tried again for supper to eat some soup and it was ok. I also heard terrible news about one of my second cousins and her family today from my mom. My cousin and her husband were in a car accident with their 2 young daughters 6 and 7. The 6 year old was the only one who survived. It was awful and it happened in Mississippi where they lived. So my mom said her and her sisters were going to drive down to the funeral. This was terrible news that ended up being followed by other awful news. I had been trying to purchase swimming tickets through a site like ebay online and I ended up being scammed by a professional con artist. She had duplicated a site and made it where even though the transaction looked as if I were using paypal, the money actually went right to her account. So I lost quite a bit of money through that. Later I found out that four other people from MU that are on this trip, were scammed by the same lady (well if she is even really a lady) her alias was Beatrice Sanchez so be warned.

This day was just chock full of upset and I really couldn't handle it. I called Micah and my mom upset and just so angry at myself for the ticket scam, and sad about my family and yeah it was bad.
I think I ended up finally calming myself down and trying to prepare my self for things I had to do the next day. I had the number and the way to reach my credit card company as well as the police. I also was going to contact the real website that the lady had duplicated and tell them what happened to let them know someone was pretending to be their site.
After that I was able to kind of get to sleep even though I didn't really sleep, more like just laid there and thought about stuff. Which also in turn did nothing to help my health situation.

No comments: