HAVE YOU BEEN VISITNG MY BLOG? LEAVE A COMMENT OR E-MAIL ME AT TJN258@gmail.com!!! :)

I have been selected for a chance of a lifetime this summer and to document my time in China I have started this blog. I am going to be living in Beijing, China for two months. During these two months I will be taking a class a month before the Olympics then I will be assisting with reporting during the 2008 games.

Thursday, August 7, 2008

July 26th in China, KTV also known as Karaoke!! :)

Today I didn't do much but clean and e-mail people during the day but in the afternoon I made myself some noodles again. Yeah this was the third time for me to show off my noodle making skills in the water boiler. LOL But that afternoon I started to get ready because our group was going to a KTV club here. KTV means Karaoke and it is beyond popular here. These clubs are everywhere and are very very nice. We all met down in the lobby and altogether there were about 20 of us including our teacher Larry, another study abroad coordinator Emily and Larry's 11 year old son, Jordan. We all started walking our way across campus to the east gate because we had to catch a bus to the KTV. We were all able to get on one bus, which is sort of amazing. LOL The bus system here is also very popular and always crowded. We arrived at a club called "Melody", and were led to our own room. Yes you get your own private fancy room when you go to a KTV club. They are really cool. We all ordered some snacks and drinks and then the singing began. I think I was one of the first, if not THE first to sing a song. I sang "Wanna Dance with Somebody", by Whitney Houston and I think I surprised everyone. For the rest of the night I received comments on my voice and it really made me feel good. We were there for 2 hours and it was non-stop fun the whole time. For the most part we picked songs that everyone knew and so we all just sang and danced and goofed around. Every once in awhile someone would grab a mike and sing on their own but not often. We finished out the night with me and Aja, another MU student on the trip, singing "Bugga Boo", by Destiny's Child. If you don't know that song, just know that it is really, really, really fast. LOL It was fun though and I remembered most of it. After our time was up for our rented room we all headed out to catch the bus again. The singing however didn't stop because it seemed all of us had the song Bye bye Miss American Pie, stuck in our heads! LOL I am sure the chinese people on the sidewalk as well as on the bus thought we were crazy!! After we got back to the University we had to walk back to the other side of campus. Before I went to the hotel me and my friend Ted walked across the street to a mini-market to grab some sodas and snacks. By the time we left there and I got to my room it was around 11ish. My roomie was still gone because she left to go to Shanghai the next day so I watched some tv and enjoyed the room all to myself!!

No comments: